Hey readers! Today’s post is going to be a little “About Me” as I’ve been tagged for an award meme. I’m also pleased to say we can now follow each other on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! My handle is _hariharian on Twitter/Insta and hariharian on Pinterest.
So you know how these things work. In this case, the awesome Natasha from Sporkchop has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. As she’s said in her Award post, she has some great recipes, but she also writes beauty reviews and more 🙂 Be sure to check her out! Thanks Natasha!
Nat was asked some questions by whom she was nominated, answers, names her nominees and creates different questions for them to answer. I’ll ask questions for a lucky few at the end of the post after I’ve answered mine.
My answers to Natasha’s questions
- How long have you been a blogger?
I’ve had this blog since late 2013, but I didn’t post for a year between 2014 and 2015. But if we’re counting other platforms and just blabbing about middle school, then maybe over a decade. 😁
- Is your current blog your first blogging website?
If we’re counting blabbing about middle school, no (Xanga, anyone?). I have tried other sites, but I think this is my first “real” blog.
- What is your favorite hobby?
This is actually really hard because I have so many. I probably read the news more, but I’m going to say walking. I live in my head a lot and exercising tires that out and makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something. I like walking outdoors, so it’s beautiful too!
- What is your favorite topic to blog about?
I’m going to say beauty because I feel like there’s more of a community than other topics.
- What are three things on your bucket list?
I would love to take or send my mom to the Philippines, travel myself to where my European ancestors came from, and maybe have a house or very nice apartment??? Hahaha.
- What is your favorite season?
FALL! Maybe because as a Floridian, I’m just always ready for it to be cooler. But I also have a thing with sweaters. Every time I go to the thrift store, I have to stop myself.
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you wake up?
Where’s my phone?/What time is it?
- Why did you choose the name of your blog?
One day I was perusing a Tagalog-English dictionary and found the word “hari-harian.” My dictionary translated it as “a man who acts like a king,” and it really just reminded me of the idea of faking it ’til you make it. Sometimes I feel hot and sometimes I feel disgusting. I guess we all do, but I think I veer on unhealthy. Perhaps if I had some kind of record of knowing what I’m talking about and joining a community, it would help out.
- What is one thing you would change about your life right now?
I wish someone would make all the appointments I need for me!
- Where are your favorite places to shop for clothes?
Right now it’s Poshmark! I know the fees and shipping are a pain, but I love being able to just specify exactly what I want, what size, price, etc. Plus I like to thinking I’m helping someone out.
- Why did you start blogging?
- Have you traveled anywhere you think is noteworthy?
- Do you write on a schedule or when the mood strikes?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you use the WordPress app?
- Who do you admire and why?
- What’s your opinion on using social media for your site?
- How far away is your mall and cinema?
- Can you name something that’s really helped you in blogging?
- How do you relax?